|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Piece|
Constricting Clutches & Brakes:
Pneuflex Type TAT / CB units are the perfect fit for both clutch and brake applications in high-speed, cyclic operations as well as for coupling and general power transmission. With tensional resilience delivered via power transmitted through the sidewalls of a flexible neoprene and cord actuating tube, these units can permit minor shaft misalignment.
Pneuflex Constricting Clutches & Brakes are drum style products that when pressurized, expand radially inward, forcing their friction shoes against an outer cylindrical drum surface. The rate at which the tube is pressurized determines the rate at which element torque increases. Final tube pressure determines the element torque capacity.
This makes them ideal for industrial machinery in can-making, commercial laundry, metal forming, oil and gas, printing, marine and tire building applications.
Pneuflex (Constricting) elements are identified by the drum diameter in inches on which they constrict and the width in inches of their friction lining. For instance, a size TAT 250 X 75E (10CB300) is designed to constrict on a 10 inch diameter drum and has a friction lining width of 3.00 inches.
TAT / CB
Pneuflex TAT (CB) products are used as both clutches and brakes in general power transmission service. Torsional resilience is provided by transmitting power through the side walls of a flexible elastomeric actuating tube. This flexibility also permits minor shaft misalignment.
· The Type TAT (CB) is suited for high speed, cyclic operations, as well as for coupling and general power transmission.
· Typical Applications: Can making machinery, commercial laundry equipment, metal forming machinery, oil & gas machinery, printing machinery, rubber processing machinery, tire building machinery
· Standard Sizes are equivalent / replacement to: 4CB200, 5CB200, 6CB200, 8CB250, 10CB300, 12CB350, 14CB400, 16CB500, 18CB500, 20CB500, 22CB500, 24CB500, 26CB525, 28CB525, 30CB525, 32CB525, 36CB525, 40CB525.
|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Unit|
|Usage/Application||Mechanical Power Transmission|
Ventilated Construction PAC / VC
Pneuflex PAC (VC) products are designed and built for severe clutching and braking applications on heavy duty equipment. When compared with conventional clutches they offer:
· Ventilated construction for rapid heat dissipation
· High starting loads
· Sustained slippage
· Improved efficiency
· Extended operating life
· Smaller diameters with lower contact velocity
Pneuflex PAC / VC elements in that the torque is transmitted by torque bars rather than the sidewalls of the actuating tube. The loose actuating tube is contained within a housing formed by a rim and two side plates, and is replaceable. The torque bars, which are held in position by the side plates, pass through cavities in the backing plates of the friction shoes. Pressurizing the actuating tube forces the friction shoes to engage around a cylindrical drum. Leaf springs in the torque bar cavities of the backing plates retract the friction shoes when the actuating tube pressure is released. Element torque capacity is dependent upon the applied pressure and rotating speed. Catalogue ratings are given at 75 psi (5.2 bar) and zero rpm. Maximum recommended pressure is 125 psi (8.6 bar).
· The Type PAC / VC is specifically designed and built for severe clutch or brake applications in which large inertia loads and sustained slippage would normally result in loss of torque and reduced operating life.
· Typical Applications: Grinding mills, marine propulsion, metalforming machinery, oil & gas machinery
· Standard Sizes:
o Pneuflex Narrow Sizes are equivalent / replacement to: 4VC375, 11.5VC500, 14VC500, 16VC600, 20VC600, 24VC650, 28VC650.
o Pneuflex Wide Sizes are equivalent / replacement to: 32VC1000, 38VC1200, 42VC1200, 46VC1200.